Thursday, June 25, 2015

Count to ten with "Once I Caught a Fish Alive"

Everyone loves the "Fishy Song"
This is one of my favorite settling songs for storytime, 
but it is also a great song for counting to ten.
You can find many melody variations online. Here are my hand motions.


I prepare the kids by having them hold their hands out in front, fingers in their palms.




1, 2, 3, 4, 5
(count out first five fingers)

Once I caught a fish alive
(scoop out to "catch fish" and then wave imaginary catch 
between fingers & thumb)



6, 7, 8, 9, 10


But I let him go again!
(Throw both hands out like tossing something, then 
vigorously swipe hands in rhythm to "go again")



Why did you let him go?
(Sounding impatient)

Because he bit my finger so!
(a little crying sound in the voice)




Which finger did he bite?
(Sounding concerned)


The little finger on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment