Monday, June 8, 2015

The Seven Song

This Old Man took us up to number six, and could have gone all the way to 10, but then I found

"Seven Steps"

Here is a link to the video on youtube from "Super Simple Songs"

So simple. Maybe that's why the kids LOVED it!

What I loved about this is we count forward twice, and then we count backwards from seven twice.

But I don't have magic numbers lighting up over my head as they do in the video, so I made magnet numbers.
My magnet board was too small, so in a pinch I used the back of a jelly roll pan. Next year I hope to make a larger magnet board for my letters and numbers songs.

I point to the numbers as we sing.

Once we mastered the Seven Song, I added a number 8 -- it works with the tune just fine. We did it like a little mouse squeak just for fun!

Cut out star taped to yellow paper with packing tape
(DIY  laminating)
Cut this out and glue magnet to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment