Friday, October 19, 2012

Favorite October Music part three: Knock Knock & I'm a Pumpkin


Knock Knock

There are many versions of this out there. I modified it to be a counting fingerplay.

I created an illustration for this song with
one child in a fairy costume 
two pirates,
three princesses
four kids in superhero costumes
five ghosts (children in costumes -- not scary)


Knock, knock, 
Sounds like more, 
Trick-or-treaters at my door!
(slap palm with fist to "knock" in rhythm with the words)

Open the door and what do I see?
(Spread hands out to "open door")

One little fairy is smiling at me!
(hold up one finger)

Go through all the verses, and at the end, the ghosts say BOO!


I'm a Pumpkin

Here's another that is everywhere on the net!

I really like the Wee Sing version:

I'm a pumpkin large and round,
 (arms out wide)
Sitting on the cold cold ground,
 (pat floor)
Now it's time to leave this place
 (hitch thumb over shoulder)
Take me home and carve a face
 (circle face with finger)

Make some eyes -- clap -- clap
 (point to eyes -- clap -- clap)
And a mouth -- clap -- clap
  (point to mouth-- clap -- clap)
And a nose -- clap -- clap
  (point to nose-- clap -- clap)


I'm a jack-o-lantern now,
Not a pumpkin on the ground.
 (shake finger for "no")
Put a candle in for light,
 (hold finger out for a candle)
I will glow throughout the night.
 (other hand waves behind finger for "glow")

Halloween -- clap -- clap
Halloween -- clap -- clap 
Halloween -- clap -- clap  

shhhhhhhh!
(finger to lips)
(whisper)

Halloween -- clap -- clap 
Halloween -- clap -- clap  
Halloween -- clap -- clap

No comments:

Post a Comment