Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Creeping Bugs & Race Car Spider -- Easy Motion Songs

Sunshine Moms & Dads, here are some of the songs we learned earlier this year.

For this one, the kids sat with their legs flat out in front, and we placed our hands on our toes for a great stretch! Then as we sing the song, both hands "creep" up to our noses & down again.

Creeping, creeping, little flea.
Up my leg and past my knee.
To my tummy, on he goes.
Past my chin and to my nose.
Now he's creeping down my chin,
To my tummy once again.
Down my leg and past my knee.
To my toe that little flea.....

(pause to build up some excitement)
GOTCHA!

Here's a youtube - slightly different, but you get the idea 

Of COURSE we do the Eency Weency Spider, but with variations...
We also use an easier hand posture than the one I grew up using.
Hook your thumbs together, now wiggle your eight fingers. Easy.


after the Eency Weency Spider, there's the
GREAT BIG SPIDER (we sing in a GREAT BIG VOICE)
and then the teeny baby spider (we sing in a teeny baby voice)

a few years ago one boy (Jackson) asked for a

 Race Car Spider. Why not?
 We sing:

The Race Car Spider went up the waterspout -- VRROOOM!!!
(hold "spider" hands  down until the vroom, and then they shoot up all at once)
Down came the rain VRROOOM!!!  and washed the spider out
Out came the sun & dried up all the rain, and the
Race Car Spider went up the spout again VRROOOM!!!

You could make a game of creating all kinds of spiders. Would you share your ideas with me?

 We have also enjoyed "I'm a Little Teapot" and "Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes" this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment